CBMS Choice-Based Art Studio

CBMS Choice-Based Art Studio
CBMS Choice-Based Art Studio

Friday, June 29, 2012

Look! An Artist!

I had the immense privilege to attend my former student’s art opening this week at the Hopkins Center in Hanover New Hampshire. Max is a Dartmouth graduate who discovered a love for architecture during his freshman year. This interest led him to fine art and voila! An artist! His work reflects his complex personality and diverse influences and has gained many honors – you can see it  by visiting his webpage: http://maxvanpelt.com/
 
Max makes sculptures and drawings. I was impressed with the variety of materials he uses in his work, and took a picture of one of the labels associated with a very large drawing.

I want to show this to my current students, because I ask them to identify the media they use, and to title their work, when filling out an “artist’s statement.” This information is displayed with their work.  I think they will be interested to see how this is employed in a gallery setting.